One of our many volunteers broadcasting in a non-English language, Angelo Anastasio can be heard Monday mornings 9-10 AM with Panorama Italiano!
1. How long have you been doing your radio show?
I’ve been doing my show for about 3 years.
2. What made you want to volunteer with CFBX?
I have always been interested in radio at 360 degrees. I am a ham radio operator/ enthusiast, I also like SWL (shortwave listening) and the thought of being able to work as a “deejay “on a radio station has always fascinated me.
3. What is your show about? What can we hear in your show?
My show is obviously about Italian music. Not a specific type, all types, from classical, jazz, rock, pop, oldies, folk music. And also music in dialects. Italy has about 40-50 dialects. Each region has music in their own dialects. It’s about the broad range of Italian music.
4. What makes your show unique? Why should we tune in?
I think it’s the only Italian show in the BC Interior. I think there’s one in Victoria.
5. What was the best show you’ve done to date?
My best show? The one that I like is the one I do on the Thanksgiving Day weekend, which is an all covers show of famous English or American rock songs covered in Italian. I started with just 7 or 8 songs, but through talking with people here and over the web, I’ve got about 40-50 songs now. I also like my Christmas show, with Italian Christmas songs.
6. Name an artist you’ve discovered in the past year you think your audience should know about?
7. What was a recent live concert or show you have been to that you enjoyed and why you enjoyed it?
Unfortunately, no. I don’t really have the time.
8. Are there any local artists, writers or musicians that you think your audience should know about?
A local artist just did one album and doesn’t sing or produce album, named Alida, Alida Annichairico. She’s a vocal coach in Vancouver now.
9. Name another show on CFBX you enjoy and why you enjoy it.
I like them all, but in particular I like Ollie Kachmar’s show (The Beat, Wednesdays 4-5 PM), Rick Albert’s show (Rick Around the World, Tuesdays 5-7 PM), Alternative Eye (Wednesdays 2-3 PM) and Julie Simmons’ show on Broadway music (On the Marquee, Tuesdays 8-9 PM).
10. What are your plans for your show in the next year?
I’m trying to get as much new material as I can. I’ve been in contact with a band that does Medieval-type music. They perform in costume, almost like Vikings, they use drums and play primitive-type music.